Why I Started My Own Practice
As years go by I feel my old injuries creeping up and notice one simple truth – we are all struggling with aches and pains. What was once easy takes a little more effort, a little more time. If only I had known prior to becoming a Physiotherapist – prevention and maintenance are the keys to healthy bodies. Nobody should have to live in pain or stop doing what they love.
My mission, my passion, my burning desire is to educate and elevate everyone I meet to understand that our bodies want to be whole, they want to be healthy.
This doesn’t happen through drugs, or strategies to manage pain; it happens with the right consistent treatment for you. You are unique. There is no one size fits all approach that is going to get you back to your optimal health and happy lifestyle.
This is why I’ve created a unique facility and lead a strong, compassionate, trustworthy team that shares this philosophy and approach to help you get back to the things you love!
Let’s face it, rehab isn’t fun (let alone being injured). That’s why we work hard to make MyLife Rehab a fun and welcoming space, where you can come in and get unique hands-on care from clinicians that are determined to walk with you through your entire recovery journey.
We will never treat you like a number on a queue ticket. Most importantly, we want to be the clinic that you trust.
~ Yamini Mistry
Our team goes above and beyond in giving you the best results in a handful of ways:
- Patient Focused Care: we encourage you to work along with the clinician you’re most comfortable with
- Rehabilitation Gym: a fitness centre that trains your body to be better and stronger
- Maintenance & Prevention: we preach consistent checkups with us to catch impairments and prevent them turning into long term problems
- Active Approach: we take the time to truly understand your body as our approach is unique for every patient
- Entire Body Assessment: we look at your ENTIRE body. If you have a shoulder injury, we are looking at your neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, fingers, upper back, and hips
- Educating Our Patients: by teaching patients how to self manage their recovery, your health journey is expedited
Why MyLife? Yamini has always been invested in her patients, and wanted to create a brand that encompasses that core value. MY = Mistry, Yamini. Life – well it just sounds right!
MyLife has become about many lives: our team, our patients, and our community.
Our promise is to help you achieve lasting results; to never give up on your recovery even if you want to; to provide the care you deserve, whatever it takes!