Through hands-on therapy, exercise and education, we’ll help to guide you to recovery. We aim to give you the skills to self manage and recover, maintain your independence and prevent future injuries.
Our physiotherapists in Whitby assist to restore your physical function and mobility. They focus on assessing and determining any abnormal motions in your body, which might have been the result of past injuries, age, or diseases.
All of our Whitby Physio treatment sessions are 1-on-1, using various techniques:
- Manual Therapy
- Functional Exercise Programs
- Soft Tissue Release & Trigger Point Release
- Electrical Modalities
- Athletic Taping & K-taping
- Ergonomic Correction & Education
- Postural Conditioning
- Prevention & Maintenance Programs
- Lifestyle Coaching
How We Help
We are your BODY mechanic – we keep you moving and teach how to age gracefully!
Arthritis & Tendonitis
Manage pain, reduce inflammation and irritation in your joints & tendons.
Return To Sport
Sport specific training to get you back in the game or competition.
Exercises specific to your condition, lifestyle, and needs. A foundation of rehab.
Muscle, Tendon, Joint Pain & Injuries
Treat and alleviate any painful areas in your body.
Passive stretching, massaging techniques to restore movement, flexibility and alleviate pain/tightness
Sprains & Strains
Speed up your recovery and reduce pains.
- General aches/pains/stiffness
- Any sprain/strains
- Pre and post-operative rehab – TKR, THR, etc.
- Sport Related Injuries
- Repetitive Strain injuries
- Tendonitis and muscle strain
- Shoulder injuries (e.g., rotator cuff tears/tendonitis, dislocations)
- Elbow and Wrist Injuries (e.g., DeQuervains tenosynovitis, trigger finger, wrist/hand fractures)
- Hip and Knees Injuries (e.g., ACL tears, meniscal/MCL/LCL tears)
- Ankle and Foot Injuries (e.g., plantar fasciitis, ankle sprain/strains)
- Spinal conditions and nerve impingements
- Arthritis Management
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Inflammation, swelling, and discomfort
To learn more about MyLife physiotherapy in Whitby, contact our team for a free consultation to see if we are the right fit!
You will be asked to complete forms on the first visit which can take about 10-15 minutes.
- The physiotherapist will take a detailed history (i.e., discuss your concerns, health history, and goals for seeking treatment)
- Perform a functional objective exam – observe your posture/alignment, perform specific movement tests of your joints/muscles/ligaments/cartilage in order to diagnose
- Discuss your goals and treatment plan and options available
In most cases, no!
Physiotherapists are direct access practitioners and do not need a doctor’s referral to begin treatments. In some cases, some insurance companies and/or plans may require you to provide a doctor’s referral in order to get the services paid for by your insurance.
Please contact your extended health insurance company to see if a doctors referral is required to access your funding.
Yes! Most extended health plans cover Registered Physiotherapy services.
Please contact your insurance company to determine your benefits and if a doctor’s referral is required. We provide you with a receipt after payment to submit to your insurance company. If you’re unsure about how to file a claim, please give us a call or email for more information.